GUIDELINES FOR RECOGNITION AS AN APPROVED ONLINE GENERAL SALES AGENT (GSA)
Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. invites applications from reputed and experienced Travel Agents & Tour Operators for recognition as General Sales Agents.
This recognition of Online General Sales Agent (GSA) is being done to encourage quality & standard of service to clients in the overall interest of promotion of tourism in Madhya Pradesh.
A Online General Sales Agent (GSA) is one who makes arrangements of tickets for travel by air, rail, ship, hotel rooms, passport, visa, etc. It may also arrange accommodation, tours, entertainment and other tourism related services.
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) must be individual or proprietorship, partnership firm and private limited company.
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) should have a minimum turn over 20 Lakhs per annum duly supported by the Audited Balance Sheet.
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) should be recognised by the ministry of tourism Govt
of India and having experience of providing such services to Govt. / PSUs. The accreditation
must be current and proof of the same is mandatory.
The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) should be accredited with IATA (International Air Transport Association)
The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) should be an active member of one of the below:
TAAI (Travel Association of Tour Operators)
IATO (Indian Association of Tour Operators)
ADTOI (Association of Domestic Tour Operators of India)
ATOI (Adventure Tour Operators of India)
TAFI (Travel Agent Federation of India)
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) should be an income-tax assesses and should have filed Income Tax Return for the current assessment year and should have Service Tax Registration.
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) should have been in operation for a minimum period of three years before the date of application.
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) should have a decent office space at least 150 sq.ft. Besides, the office should be located in a neat and clean surrounding and equipped with Telephone, Fax and Computer Reservation System etc. There should be sufficient space for reception and easy access to toilet facilities.
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) should be under the charge of the Owner or a full time member who is adequately trained, experienced in matters regarding ticketing, itineraries, transport, accommodation facilities, currency, customs regulations and tourism and travel related services. Besides this, greater emphasis may be given to effective communication skills, knowledge of English language along with local languages.
4. Inspection of Online General Sales Agent (GSA)
The recognition as an approved Online General Sales Agent (GSA) shall be granted by the MPSTDC. Initially for 3 (Three) Years based on the inspection Report/ Recommendations of a committee comprising the Managing Director of MPSTDC or his representative and 2 other officers of MPSTDC. The quorum would be of 2 (two) members in the panel.
The Physical inspection of office premises would be conducted in terms of the following.
- Office premises as mentioned in the application.
- Verification of documents with original – Accreditation papers, GSTIN, PAN Card and Income Tax Returns etc.
- Printed promotional materials produced by the applicant.
- List of tour packages/hotels sold in the last one year with client details, MPSTDC reserves the rights to get feedback from the clients about services of Travel Agent/Agency.
5. Application form and fees:
The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) can download application form to apply for recognition as an approved Travel Agent/Agency from our website: www.mpstdc.com and enclose required documents.
- Online General Sales Agent (GSA) is required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs.2360/- (Two Thousand Three Hundred Sixty Only)(18% GSt Included) while applying for the recognition and renewal of Head Office as well as branch office.
- Application form duly filled & attested to be sent through Email on following
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Benefits for Online General Sales Agent (GSA) :
- There will be standard commission percentage for all GSA 20% TAC throughout the year.
- Bonus will be given to GSA at the end of each year depending on the volume of the business done by GSA during non peak season (Report will be made available from the module)
BONUS SLAB would be as follows:-
|Slab of Business||TAC||BONUS|
|0 to 5,00,000||20%||0%|
|5,00,000 to 10,00,000||20%||5%|
|10,00,000 to above||20%||8%|
Note: The Bonus Policy will be decided/reviewed at the beginning of each financial Year/Calendar year
- The Name and contact details of recognise and accredited Online General Sales Agents (GSA) Will be displayed in official website of MPSTDC.
- Registered Online General Sales Agent (GSA) can do the booking in the online booking system of MPSTDC.
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) can use his/her publicity and promotional material during the tenure of accreditation with tagline “Recognised by MPSTDC”. However, it can use tagline in the signage/name board of its offices only in respect of those premises that have been inspected and approved by the committee formed under this scheme.
- Preference will be given to the Online General Sales Agent (GSA) for participating in FAM Tour to MPSTDC as & when planned.
7. Payment Terms for MPSTDC online booking :
- At the time of booking Online General Sales Agent (GSA) can do the booking with provided User name and ID. It is mandatory to provide confirmation letter to tourist/client which will contain the Hotel Name, booking ID, check-in & checkout date, cancellation rules and booking terms & conditions.
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) shall make the full payment for the booking online by Credit Card/Net Banking/Debit Card etc.
- The GSA must deposit Rs. 10000/- (Refundable) with MPSTDC as security amount.
- MPSTDC will review on a monthly basis the total business given by the Online General Sales Agent (GSA).
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) shall be given special discounted rates based on his performance.
- Refund rules on cancellation of booking done GSA is as under –
10 Days or Above – 100% Refund
01 to 09 Days – 80% Refund
Same Day – No Refund
The renewal / extension, thereafter, shall be granted for up to three years after satisfactory inspection by a committee comprising of Managing Director of MPSTDC or his representative and a nominated member of TAAI or IATO. The application shall be accompanied by a non-refundable fee of Rs.2360/- (Two Thousand Three Hundred Sixty only)(Including 18% GST) and required documents.
9. Documents to be submitted:
- Application form duly filled.
- Two self attested photographs.
- Documentary proof (preferably registration certificates from Government) in support of beginning of operations of your firm.
- A signed copy of the Pledge of Commitment towards "Safe & Honourable Tourism". The pledge is attached in English as Annexure I and II, respectively.
- A copy of complete Audited Balance Sheet with the Director's Report for the latest financial year.
- Income Tax Acknowledgement for the latest two assessment year.
- GST Registration Number from the concerned authority.
- Certificate of Statutory Auditor & copy of the Balance sheet for the year 2014-15 & 2015-16.
- A copy of accreditation certificate of IATA/TAAI/IATO/ATOI/ADTOI/UFTA or certificate of accreditation from Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
- List of Directors / Partners or name of the Proprietor.
- Details of office premises, whether located in commercial or residential area (office space minimum 150 sq.ft.)
- Documents duly stamped & attested by the Managing Director / Managing Partner/ Proprietor of the firm.
- The guidelines including application form etc. may be downloaded from website:- www.mpstdc.com. All applications duly attested with attached documents to be E-mailed on the above given Id’s .
- The application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted in duplicate self attested.
- When applying for Branch Office(s), separate application forms should be filled and submitted along with the required documents, in duplicate.
10. General Terms & Conditions:
- Code of Conduct for "Safe & Honourable Tourism" the Online General Sales Agent (GSA) should
adhere to the tenets of the Code of Conduct for "Safe & Honourable Tourism" for
which the following action would have to be taken.
- A signed copy of the pledge of commitment towards "Safe & Honourable Tourism" should be attached with the application. The pledge is attached in English as Annexure I & II, respectively.
- On the day a staff member joins the Online General Sales Agent (GSA), he/she would be required to take/sign the pledge. The pledge would be incorporated in the appointment letter / joining report of the staff.
- Two focal points would be nominated (i.e., from HRD, security side etc.) at the time of applying for approval by the Online General Sales Agent (GSA) in the case of organizations which have more than 25 personnel. In the case of Online General Sales Agent (GSA) with less than 25 personnel, one focal point would have to be nominated.
- The training would be provided to the staff of the approved Online General Sales Agent (GSA) by MPSTDC. Subsequently, the trained focal points in turn would impart further in - house training to the staff which would be arranged within next six months.
- The Pledge of Commitment towards "Safe & Honourable Tourism" would have to be displayed by the Online General Sales Agent (GSA) prominently in the front office area / lobby of the Travel Agent.
- The signatories of the Code of Conduct would be required to maintain a record of action taken by them in compliance of the provisions of this Para, which shall be kept in their office & shown to the Committee(s) at the time of renewal.
- For the monuments protected under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites & Remains Act, 1958 (24 of 1958), the Travel Agents should deploy / engage the services of Regional Level Tourist Guides trained and licensed by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India or other guides authorized by the Government of India or under orders of the Hon'ble Court(s) or DOT, Madhya Pradesh. For other monuments and destinations, the guides authorized under the orders of the appropriate authority, if any, of the concerned monument /destination should be deployed / engaged by Travel Agents. For outsourcing any of the services relating to tourists, the Travel Agents shall use specialized agencies in the specific field of activity approved by DOT.
- The Online General Sales Agent (GSA) would have to report action taken by them in their Annual Report which shall be kept with them & shown to the Committee(s) at the time of renewal.
- It shall be mandatory for an approved Online General Sales Agent (GSA) to prominently display the Certificate of approval of recognition / renewal or extension given by DOT, Madhya Pradesh in the office by pasting it on a board or in a picture frame so that it is visible to a potential tourist/client.
- The decision of MPSTDC in the matter of recognition / renewal or extension shall be final. However, the MPSTDC may in their discretion refuse to recognize / renew or extend any firm or withdraw / withhold at any time recognition / renewal or extension already granted with the approval of the Competent Authority. Before such a decision is taken, necessary Show Cause Notice would invariably be issue and the reply considered on merit. This would be done after careful consideration and generally as a last resort. Circumstances in which withdrawal is affected would also be indicated.
- Complaints received from the guest about the recognised/authorised Online General Sales Agent (GSA) will be referred to the Managing Director – MPSTDC for a preliminary enquiry and if required a detailed enquiry thereafter and their findings and recommendations on the action to be taken will be considered by the MPSTDC for appropriate action including termination.
- MPSTDC reserves the right to de-list any applicant or at the option of the option of the recognized Online General Sales Agent (GSA) during the tenure/validity period of recognition.
- The legal jurisdiction for any dispute will be Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.